Powered By Blogger

Thursday, August 2, 2012

You're My #1: Switzerland

This is a re-post from my tumblr site with some revisions. :)

Switzerland definitely deserves a space in my blog/s!

I haven't had the chance to be around the whole world (yet?!). But out of all the countries I've been to, Switzerland is so far my #1.



I remember asking my mom when I was younger, "Why is that country called 'Sweetzerland'? Is it cause everything there is sweet?" Indeed, it is a sweet, sweet place to be.

Even when I was younger, the word Switzerland / 'Sweetzerland' conjured up images of fancy chocolates, lush greeneries, majestic mountains, beautiful milk maids, crisp clean air and tasty cheeses- just a combination of my favorite things!

From my tumblr, I listed there the reasons why I love Switzerland:

- It’s the right blend of city life and scenic nature. Imagine living in a city by the lake-side and the break-taking view of magnificent mountains!
- The cool weather and white white snow… fresh air… sweet tap water (you can drink water anywhere!)
- The impeccably clean streets! You can walk barefoot on the streets!
- The nice people who are always ready to greet you with a smile and wave. (They actually have a law that you will have to pay a fine if you are caught refusing to help other people!)
- Swiss chocolates, fondue, swiss cheese (I miss the cheese pie already!)
- Fresh, clean food! :)
- Swiss watches, cuckoo clocks, luxury shops!
- The red and white flag- one of my favorite color combinations! :)

And now in pictures:
















Hope to see you again soon, my 'Sweetzerland'! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment