Powered By Blogger

Sunday, August 12, 2012

That Eyebrow Trend

Eyebrow trend for 2012 is thicker, darker and fuller.

But even before that became a trend, I've always admired the well-defined eyebrows of Denise Richards

 and Brooke Shields.


They are 2 of the few women who can make thick eyebrows look sexy and feminine.



It is important to shape and maintain our eyebrows well as they serve as the frames of our face. Just like any work of art, our face needs a nice frame to enhance our good features and makeup.

When we first look at another person's face, usually, it is not that immediately obvious whether that person has unruly or well-maintained eyebrows, natural or tattoed eyebrows, etc. But the eyebrows definitely play a major role on the over-all impression you get of the other person's face and appearance... does the other person appear unkempt or pulled together? Does the person appear snobbish or friendly?

I remember one time when my friend and I were in an elevator with another female passenger. My friend and I were giggling secretly as we thought the other female passenger looked ready to bite our heads off! It was because she painted her eyebrows too thick and way above where her natural eyebrows should be. She had nice make-up and all, but her eyebrows made her look so unapproachable (and yeah, quite funny too! :P)

Well, but I too, have had my share of awkward eyebrow moments. By trial and error, I've found out that dark, thick eyebrows (like Brooke Shields') look masculine on me. I've been told a couple of times that my 2 eyebrows are not at equal lengths due to wrong application of eyebrow make-up.

That's why I'm thrilled with my discovery last Saturday- an eyebrow kit that comes complete with eyebrow color, brush and (yehey!) stencils! :)



It was the first time I've heard of the brand Christian, but I need, need, need the stencils (knowing I don't really know how to shape my brows) so I was immediately sold! For the eyebrow color, there are 3 shades to choose from- Light Brown, Medium Brown, Dark Brown, Irid Brown (very very dark brown).









I was initially leaning towards Irid Brown since I have very dark hair color, but it's a good thing that the sales attendant told me that dark brown might be a better color for me, since I don't want my features to appear too dark.

The set comes in a sophisticated-looking, functional black case with mirror. Each set contains the eyebrow color, 2-sided mini brush (an angled brush on one side and an eyeshadow brush on the other) and 3 types of eyebrow stencils (thin, natural, thick).

For me, the thin stencil is already okay for the everyday / casual look.

Tips on applying eyebrow makeup:

- Check your eyebrows first... if your eyebrows are thicker in some parts, apply less color there. If they are thinner in some parts, apply more color there.

- When using an eyebrow liner or pencil eyeliner, use feathery-light strokes. This will make your eyebrow color look more even.

- Choose a color that is 1-2 shades lighter than your actual eyebrow color. Choosing a shade that is too dark can make your eyebrows and face appear too strong and masculine.

Some women might think that eyebrow makeup is only necessary for people who like to wear makeup everyday. But it's actually the opposite.

I don't like wearing a lot of makeup / color on my face on a daily basis and somehow, I find that well-maintained eyebrows (with a bit of color to make them look neater and more even) and some lip gloss / lipstick is already enough to give me a put-together, polished look everyday.

I bought my Christian eyebrow kit at Beauty Bar for P1,395. Not cheap, but definitely a good investment.

No comments:

Post a Comment