Powered By Blogger

Friday, August 10, 2012

The Charming Duchess of Cambridge

How do you define CHARM?

I've always heard that a person is charming if you see that person grow more and more attractive in your eyes as time goes by.

There are some pretty women or handsome men whose looks, as Filipinos say it, are "nakakasawa". (How do you translate "nakakasawa" in English? Hmmm... Well, to translate the entire sentence, those are the beautiful women and handsome men who become less beautiful / handsome the more you look at them.)

For me, the Duchess of Cambridge, Kate Middleton is a charming woman.


When I first saw her during her engagement to Prince William, I thought, "She's not ugly, but she's not that pretty."

When I was in London almost 3 months after her wedding to Prince William, people were still so excited about the royal wedding. We were laughing at some of the tourist shop trinkets like Prince William and Kate Middleton pins, keychains and refrigerator magnets, waiting for some gullible tourist to buy.

People also crowded around Westminster Abbey, just aiming to get a picture of the place where Prince William and Kate Middleton got married.

I complained to my husband, "Why all the fuss about Kate Middleton?"

But then, I started admiring her sense of style... her wedding dress is indeed beautiful and elegant. Sure, her dresses are always classy and unique as they're made by big names in the fashion industry.



But in the end, I realized that it's the way she carries herself that makes her stand out. I admire the way she's always confident and dressed impeccably, but still appears friendly and down-to-earth. She's stylish yet modest. She's modest, yet doesn't appear old-fashioned. And for me, she's always dressed appropriately for the occasion and her position. 

Kate Middleton shows us that you don't have to show a lot of skin and pile on heaps of make-up to be attractive and sexy.

Modesty + Elegance + Confidence = True Timeless Beauty.

More power to Prince William and to the Duchess of Cambridge! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment