Powered By Blogger

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Go Natural: Ilog Maria Honeymilk Lotion

The availability of affordable natural alternatives in the personal care segment has made it easier for me to shift to organic products, little by little.

Two brands I especially like are Human Heart Nature & Ilog Maria.

Here is one product I'm currently using- Ilog Maria Honeymilk Lotion.

What's written on the bottle:

Handmade in our bee farm from: bee milk or royal jelly, honey, beeswax, propolis; natural flower, herb & seed oils. Quenches dry & scaly skin to make it supple & smooth. We do not use emulsifiers so please shake well before using.

See the bottom part? There's clear liquid while there's milky white liquid above it. That's the product separating... I guess shaking the product before use is a small hassle to pay for using a natural product without emulsifiers. :)

What I like about Ilog Maria Honeymilk Lotion:
- I love the smell! It really smells like fresh flowers, instead of the artificial smell of other lotions. Applying this all over your body will make you smell like you just came from the spa... really relaxing.
- It absorbs well into the skin- no sticky feeling afterwards. True to the label on the bottle, it makes skin supple and smooth.
- All the ingredients are natural. It's a big plus that the main ingredient is royal jelly, since I heard that royal jelly, even if it is just absorbed in the skin, can help balance hormones.  
- It is affordable! 120g = P120 (when you buy from the shop in Tagaytay), P132 (when you buy online)

The bad points:
- The watery texture- the product tends to spill a bit into the bedsheets whenever I pour some into my hands. They cannot make the product creamier or thicker, I guess, without the use of chemicals or emulsifiers.
- The small hassle of shaking everytime before you use.
- Accessibility of where to buy the product- The Ilog Maria farm and store are situated all the way to Tagaytay. To get there, you have to pass a narrow gravel road. It was very narrow that we were saying that if a pedestrian is walking down that road and a vehicle arrives, the pedestrian would surely get hit by the vehicle.

Here's the map to Ilog Maria:

If you cannot go to Tagaytay, you can always buy Ilog Maria products online. However, online prices are 10% higher than store prices + shipping. Shipping from Tagaytay to Manila will cost you P120 (via Air21).

Here's the website: www.ilogmaria.com

Overall, I would still be very much willing to stick with this product. If I'm going to have it shipped to me, I just have to make sure that I order other items from Ilog Maria to maximize the shipping fee.

How about you? Are you ready to go natural? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment