Powered By Blogger

Saturday, April 9, 2011

No-Bake Dessert: Banoffee Pie


My First Banoffee Pie:

The Banoffee Pie is one of my fave desserts from Starbucks, but I never thought that it's so easy to make on my own... and so affordable, too! :)

A big thanks to my colleague, Katrin Erica, for teaching me how to do this! :)

Don't mind the presentation, though. I usually don't decorate the food I make as I'm just too excited to eat them. :P Hehe... just kidding! Food presentation is really something I need to learn more about. :)

The taste? Yummy! I can say that it almost tastes the same as Starbuck's. :)

How to make your own Banoffee Pie?


Ingredients:
Crushed Grahams
Nutmeg (optional)
Condensed Milk
Pure Baking Chocolate
All-Purpose Cream
Lacatan Banana's

Process:
1. Mix crushed graham with nutmeg. Place mixture on bottom of baking pan.

2. Pour condensed milk on sauce pan and heat until boiling. During this part, condensed milk will turn into a light brown color and texture will become a bit sticky... this is your toffee. Yes, toffee is actually just boiled condensed milk!

3. While you're heating the condensed milk, cut pure baking chocolate into small bars. Place chocolate bars and all-purpose cream on metal bowl. Place metal bowl on top of the mouth of the sauce pan and stir bowl contents until chocolate is melted into the cream. You now have your chocolate ganache. Again, yes, chocolate ganache is really just cream and chocolate mixed and heated together. :)

4. Pour a layer of chocolate ganache on top of crushed grahams.

5. Peel lacatan banana's and slice fruit into thin pieces. Place lacatan banana's on top of chocolate ganache mixture.

6. Pour toffee mixture on top of banana's.

7. Top with shaved chocolate (from pure baking chocolate) and chilled all-purpose cream (if you have whipped cream, that would be better and more presentable).

8. Place in chiller.

9. Serve cold


*I purposely didn't indicate measurements for each ingredient, as the ratio would depend on how sweet, chocolatey, solid or gooey you want your dessert to be! Go ahead and experiment on what would suit your taste buds!

*My Banoffee Pie turned out to be very sweet. That's okay, if that's the way you like it! But if not, you may lessen the sweetness by boiling all-purpose cream with the condensed milk. Or you may use Angel Kremdensada (this is already a combo of condensed milk and cream).

*Nutmeg is optional, but I strongly suggest that you use it! It will give your Banoffee Pie an extra kick! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment