Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Fry Sauce: Cheese Dip with Garlic and Herbs

I made this sauce the other day... the bad news: it was all wiped-out before I realized that I haven't taken a picture! :(


The good news is that it is really delicious and easy to make! :)


I love sauces and I love cheese... and I got the inspiration for my fry sauce from a TV feature about a place somewhere in Utah, which is famous for their different fry sauces. They have a popular dish which is made up of a layer of thick beef burger patty at the bottom, topped with crispy potato fries and a generous serving of your choice of fry sauce. Fattening and yummy! Are you hungry yet? :)




Here's how I made my fry sauce:


Ingredients:

Cheese Slices (I used Eden Processed Filled Cheese Spread Bar)

Evaporated Milk

Minced Garlic

Salt

Tomato Ketchup

Dried Basil

Nutmeg and Sugar to taste


Procedure:


1. Boil water on a pan.


2. Place cheese slices on a metal bowl (You should be able to place the metal bowl on the mouth of the pan without letting the bottom touch the boiling water, so please choose the correct size of bowl).


3. Pour evaporated milk on metal bowl, just enough to cover the cheese slices. You may pour more milk if you want a creamier texture. It's up to you. :)


4. Place metal bowl on mouth of pan, over the boiling water. Continuously stir mixture and wait for cheese to melt.


5. While waiting for the cheese to melt, add the garlic, salt, dried basil, tomato ketchup, nutmeg and sugar. How much of each ingredient would depend on your taste preference.


6. Stir constantly. Mixture might look a bit thin during this stage, but don't worry, it will thicken as it cools.


7. Once cheese melts and you've achieved the tasted that you want, turn off heat.


Serve your fry sauce with french fries, chips, fish fillets, steamed vegetables or your sandwiches/burgers! The possibilites are endless! It will liven up any dish! :)


It's great to have this sauce handy anytime, but I'm not yet sure how long it can hold up. I think it can last up to a week if you place it inside the fridge. You can re-heat it anytime by placing it for 1-2 minutes in the microwave oven.


Since I love sauces, I'm going to experiment with other versions of fry sauces soon! :) I can't wait! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment