Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Sizzling Beef in Special Sauce or Beef Salpicao

When I cook Salpicao, I always substitute chicken for the beef as my dad is not allowed to eat beef. I usually use chicken thigh fillets without the skin and then cut them into cubes.

For the sauce, I just combine worcestershire sauce and Knorr liquid seasoning with a bit of sugar. Then I would cook the dish with lots and lots of minced garlic and pepper! It's an easy and yummy dish! :)

Yesterday, during our Star Margarine Cooking Demo in our office, we were taught this recipe that seems very similar to my Chicken Salpicao, but with one additional ingredient that made the dish tastier... The pepper steak sauce!


Here's the recipe:

Ingredients:

1/2 kilo beef sirlion, cut into cubes

1/4 cup minced garlic

1/4 cup + 1 tbsp Star Margarine Classic

3 tbsp minced garlic

1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce

1/4 cup pepper steak sauce

1 tbsp + 1 tsp liquid seasoning

3/4 tsp pepper

Serves 6

Procedure:

Marinate beef in garlic overnight. (Though according to the guest chef, we can skip this step as marinated beef tends to become dry. I marinate the chicken in the Worcestershire sauce and liquid seasoning combo for a couple of hours when I make Chicken Salpicao though.)

In a frying pan, melt margarine. Saute garlic then add beef. Wait until the beef cube turn brown then add the rest of the ingredients and cook, stirring over high heat until beef is tender.

That's it! Enjoy your hot and delicious Beef (or Chicken) Salpicao with warm rice. Even beginners can do this! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment